This conference will seek to answer important questions about the challenging journey into adulthood for young adults with learning differences of all kinds. Attendees will experience a wide variety of engaging programming, including:
- Seminars in leadership, social skills, wellness, advocacy and independent living, each featuring practical experiences and applications.
- A keynote speech from Priya Winston, a graduate of the University at Albany – SUNY. Drawing from her personal experiences as a successful individual with learning differences, she will discuss advocacy and success beyond disability.
- The development of basic personalized plans for each attendee’s extraordinary future.
- An informational interview to assess support needs for attendees who are new to Transitions.
- Enrichment classes in music, theater, art and more.
- Meeting Transitions instructors, mentors, alumni and current Apprentices.
- Fun social activities, including outdoor Adirondack wintertime outings.
Click to download the Transitions Mini Camps Brochure.