Join us at Transitions for a camp that focuses on transitioning from school and home to independent living and building an exceptional life for young adults with learning differences. High school students and young adults are welcome to attend for a weekend of informative seminars and fun with peers in our state-of-the-art Adirondack facility.
This conference will seek to answer important questions about the challenging journey into adulthood for young adults with learning differences of all kinds. Attendees will experience a wide variety of engaging programming, including:
- Seminars in leadership, social skills, wellness, advocacy and independent living, each featuring practical experiences and applications.
- A keynote speech from Priya Winston, a graduate of the University at Albany – SUNY. Drawing from her personal experiences as a successful individual with learning differences, she will discuss advocacy and success beyond disability.
- The development of basic personalized plans for each attendee’s extraordinary future.
- An informational interview to assess support needs for attendees who are new to Transitions.
- Enrichment classes in music, theater, art and more.
- Meeting Transitions instructors, mentors, alumni and current Apprentices.
- Fun social activities, including outdoor Adirondack wintertime outings.
Click to download the Transitions Mini Camps Brochure.
To register online, click here.