Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition for the Full-year and Camp applicants includes room and board, transportation, participation in classes and activities, staff supports, most recreational/social activities, and therapeutic supports for social, sensory and medical oversight.
Transitions encourages families and applicants to seek funding sources such as financial aid for college students and public funding, if applicable, such as SSI, SSDI, Vocational Rehabilitation, school district funding and the NYS Office for Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- $27,100 per semester for full-time students, includes Transitions tuition, room and board
- $12,100 per semester for day scholars – non-residential option
Weekend Camps: Mini Camps
- $325 per person, includes overnight stay and meals
Two- and Three-Week Camps: Summer Immersion Experience
- Two weeks: $4,200 residential option/$1,800 day scholars
- Three weeks: $5,400 residential option/$2,700 day scholars
One-Week Specialty Camps
- $1,350 residential option/$600 day scholars
- College tuition is paid separately to the college.
- Each student will be assessed upon admission and annually to decide which supports, if any, they need. A fee may be charged if it is determined that additional medical and/or emotional supports, such as overnight staff supports, are needed.
- Tuition does not include medical or specialized counseling services, medications or other personal services.
- Special activities are optional and may have an extra charge.
- Participation in the Transitions program may qualify as a medical tax deduction. Consult with your tax advisor.
Making Transitions Affordable
Transitions is a life-changing opportunity for its students, so we are committed to working with future students and their families to make sure as many people as possible get the chance to experience it. There are many forms of financial aid available that can take the worrying out of coming to Transitions. These include federal and state grants, funding for New York State students with intellectual or developmental disabilities, medical tax deductions, student employment, payment plans, personal fundraising and private scholarships.
Transitions also offers several scholarships, including merit scholarships which offer up to $5,500 per year for full-year students and up to $1,000 for Summer Immersion Experience sessions. These merit-based scholarships award students based on their potential to succeed at Transitions and the strength of a personal essay which gives a sense of who they are and their dedication to their goals.